Let me guess, you know that investing is important and it's something you want to do, but you have no idea where to start?
Yup, I've heard that a million times by my financial counselling clients, listeners of my podcast, and readers of my blog. Heck, I even used to feel the exact same way!
But here's the thing, investing isn't rocket science. It's not even as complicated as a 12th grade chemistry class!
Anyone can learn the foundations of investing so they can feel knowledgeable and confident about investing their money for the future.
Going back to where you should start, this is it! My Investing Foundations for Canadians course is exactly where you should start. You'll learn all the fundamentals of investing, including how to be prepared before you start investing, what all that investing jargon like ETFs and diversification means, and how you can develop your own investing plan.
Jessica Moorhouse is millennial money expert, Accredited Financial Counsellor Canada®, award-winning personal finance blogger, speaker and host of the popular Mo’ Money Podcast.
- What Does Investing Actually Mean?
- Different Types of Investment Products
- Stock Market & Bond Market
- Tracking & Beating the Index
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC)
- Mutual Funds
- Index Funds
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF)
- What Is an Investment Portfolio?
- Quiz #2
- Different Types of Investment Accounts
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Taxable Account
- What Investments to Hold in Each Type of Account
- Quiz #3
- Understanding the Mechanics of Investing
- Key Investing Terms & Practices
- Different Ways to Invest Your Money
- Investment Fees
- Why You Should Start Investing ASAP for Your Long-Term Goals
- Quiz #4
- What Is an Investment Plan?
- Understanding Risk
- Determining Your Personal Risk Tolerance
- Why Diversification Is So Important
- Asset Allocation & Investment Goals
- How to Make an Investment Plan
- What Does Retirement Planning Actually Mean?
- Defining Your Retirement
- How to Fund Your Retirement
- Calculating How Much You Need for Retirement
- Additional Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Congrats, You Did It! Here Are Your Next Steps...
- Become an Affiliate