Let me guess, you know that investing is important and it's something you want to do, but you have no idea where to start?
Yup, I've heard that a million times by my financial counselling clients, listeners of my podcast, and readers of my blog. Heck, I even used to feel the exact same way!
But here's the thing, investing isn't rocket science. It's not even as complicated as a 12th grade chemistry class!
Anyone can learn the foundations of investing so they can feel knowledgeable and confident about investing their money for the future.
Going back to where you should start, this is it! My Investing Foundations for Canadians course is exactly where you should start. You'll learn all the fundamentals of investing, including how to be prepared before you start investing, what all that investing jargon like ETFs and diversification means, and how you can develop your own investing plan.
Jessica Moorhouse is millennial money expert, Accredited Financial Counsellor Canada®, award-winning personal finance blogger, speaker and host of the popular Mo’ Money Podcast.
- What Does Investing Actually Mean?
- Different Types of Investment Products
- Stock Market & Bond Market
- Tracking & Beating the Index
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC)
- Mutual Funds
- Index Funds
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF)
- What Is an Investment Portfolio?
- Quiz #2
- Different Types of Investment Accounts
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Taxable Account
- What Investments to Hold in Each Type of Account
- Quiz #3
- Understanding the Mechanics of Investing
- Key Investing Terms & Practices
- Different Ways to Invest Your Money
- Investment Fees
- Why You Should Start Investing ASAP for Your Long-Term Goals
- Quiz #4
- What Is an Investment Plan?
- Understanding Risk
- Determining Your Personal Risk Tolerance
- Why Diversification Is So Important
- Asset Allocation & Investment Goals
- How to Make an Investment Plan
- What Does Retirement Planning Actually Mean?
- Defining Your Retirement
- How to Fund Your Retirement
- Calculating How Much You Need for Retirement
- Additional Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Congrats, You Did It!
- Become an Affiliate
Why should I learn about investing from you?
Great question! To give you some background, I'm an Accredited Financial Counselor Canada® and have taken numerous in-depth investing courses through the Canadian Securities Institute. I'm also working towards my Personal Financial Planner® designation. All in all, I've not only spent hundreds of hours, but over 3 years studying the topic of investing in Canada. Moreover, the content in this course is heavily researched, with all my references and sources listed in the course's bibliography. Lastly, this course has been reviewed by a group of beta-testers with various financial backgrounds to ensure all information is accurate and helpful.
Do you offer investing advice?
No, I do not. I am not an investment advisor or portfolio manager, and will not provide any specific advice. Everything in this course is for educational purposes only. Needless to say, I won't be liable for any investing decisions you make after purchasing the course.